1.25.2012

Birchbox: January


Every month, four or five samples from highly regarded beauty brands will arrive at my door. This service is called Birchbox. For just $10 a month, I can try a few new products. I thought this would be a great way to give product reviews out to my followers and a great way to start the new year!


Here's what came in January's Box:

Zoya Feel Collection ($8)
Zoya's nail lacquer has great coverage! The color is a little more bold on the nail than it appears in the bottle. Still seeing how it wears & how long it lasts! 

Juicy Couture: Viva La Juicy 1.7oz ($69)
Since I'm not an expert on scents, I thought I'd let Birchbox speak on this one: Top notes of wild berries and sweet madarin flirt with lady-like middle notes of honeysuckle, jasmine and gardenia. Warm base notes of carmel, amber, vanilla, sandalwood and praline hover beneath it all. The scent is exquisite and feminine. 

LӒRABAR Mini Bars ($14.95)
Being gluten free, it's hard to find on-the-go snacks. LӒRABAR is the perfect solution. Each bar has a maximum of nine ingredients and all of them are gluten free! They're made with fruits, nuts and spices, not to mention, they're delicious.

JOUR Mini Glisten Collection ($25)
January's box has one of these minis. In the tube, it appears to be hot, hot pink. On the lips, it has a beautiful berry effect.

C.O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Shampoo and Conditioner 
($12 each)
Since my hair is very hard to please, this one's a toughy. The scent is magnificent. When it comes out of the bottle, the lavender scent is more apparent. After washing though, it leaves more of a peppermint scent behind. The next day, the wash left a weird texture on my locks. I'll have to try it a couple more times and update my review!

Photo: courtesy of Birchbox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment